Today marks the first official day of summer and thus the busy season begins here on Martha's Vineyard. Every weekend from now until the end of October, festive white tents dot fields and lawns across the island, waiting to be filled with weddings guests. Brides and grooms are everywhere! Each and every wedding day is special whether you get married in your backyard, in front of 300 guests, out on a farm, or in the sand but before all of these details are chosen, the first thing to consider is "What season shall we pick?!" The season of your wedding dictates a lot from the color palate to the flowers available and desirable locations.
Today we are showing off some of our favorite SUMMER wedding moments that we had the pleasure of working on while reminding you why getting married in the summertime is so special.
- Warm weather means more clothing options. Summer wedding attire can naturally include light, flowing fabrics, bright colors, seersucker, and fun patterns. You don't have to worry about layering for an unexpected cool day or having to avoid cute strappy shoes.
- Summer nights are long and it often stays light past 8 pm. This means there is no rush on the ceremony and photography can be relaxed while there is still sunlight. You may even catch a beautiful sunset or peachy sky from your location.
- Fresh produce like tomatoes, corn, blueberries, peaches, and raspberries are growing and can be worked into the reception food or the wedding cake - yummy! Summer dining options like clambakes, local BBQ spreads, and pies are really fun options that take advantage of the season.
- If you like color, summer is a season where almost any color scheme works. You can get away with bright flowers, linens, and funky decor pieces. Pink, orange, yellow, and purple flower options are all available this time of year!
- If you want your guests to stay and play lawn games, gather around a bonfire, or dance under the night sky with sparklers, summer is your season. Summer days are magical but summer nights are even better.
- Summer flower options are special - Hydrangea, Sunflowers, Dahlias, Cosmos, Snapdragons, Feverfew, and Queen Anne's lace are just some of the magical flowers blooming. If you are a gardener, you will especially appreciate summer's amazing array of flowers.
Congratulations to all of our summer couples! We love making your hot and sunny flower dreams come true.