This holiday season we are working to inspire our friends, neighbors, and clients to create and spread random acts of kindness throughout their communities. What better way to celebrate the holidays then to brighten a strangers day and inspire them to do the same?
If you are unsure on how to get started, here are five ways to organize random acts of kindness:
1. Participate in Morrice Florist's Kindness Project: Help us spread random acts of kindness across Martha's Vineyard. Anyone can participate in our Kindness Project and help promote love and generosity across the Island. For starters, keep a lookout for phantom buckets of flowers around the Island. These blooms are our gift for strangers to take, share, and use to spread kind thoughts. If you would like to sponsor a bucket of kindness blooms simply call the shop and we will set it up for you.
2. Join the Kindness Rocks Project: Their goal is simple - to promote random acts of kindness to unsuspecting recipients by either painting and dropping inspirational rocks or some other creative message.
3. Apply to be a RAKtivist: ‘RAKtivist’ is short for ‘Random Acts of Kindness activist’. Think of RAKtivists like kindness ambassadors—and, like all ambassadors, they’re a part of an active, global community. RAKtivists are everywhere. The student who stops to hold the door open for a teacher with her hands full? They’re a RAKtivist. The commuter who offers their bus seat to an elderly passenger? They’re a RAKtivist too. The parking attendant who leaves a note on someone’s car, complimenting their parking skills? You guessed it. RAKtivist. Anyone who believes kindness can change the world, who reminds everyone around them how much love there is in the world, who inspires hope and generosity with their actions as much as their words—they’re a RAKtivist.
4. Be The Spark: Pick a category (Environment, Animals, Community, Work, Family, School, Sports, Just For Fun), Cost (Free, Inexpensive, Expensive), and Time Investment (Instant, Minimal, Moderate, Investment) and see a list of random acts of kindness that can fit into your life.
5. Complete a 31 Day Kindness Calendar: Even better, invite a friend to complete the kindness calendar challenge with you.