Valentine's Day immediately brings to mind red roses, heart shaped boxes of chocolates, and fancy bottles of perfume but what if you want to buy a less flashy gift for your husband or boyfriend? Can you still celebrate the day of love with a thoughtful, yet manly, gift?
The answer is yes! Believe it or not, there are a variety of romantic yet masculine Valentine's Day gifts in the shop. Below are our picks for our favorite guys.
1. House Plants: Whether destined for his desk or bedside table, everyone could use some greenery in the cold winter months.
2. Orchid: Easy to care for yet impressive to admire, orchids are romantic without being overly feminine.
3. Manly Soap: Everyone can appreciate a nice smelling soap bar for the shower. Pick from unique scents like Saltwater, Coffee Mint, and Man Bar (a cedar and sandalwood blend).
4. Sweets: When in doubt, go for the sweet tooth. Pick from gourmet hot cocoa mix, sea salt caramels, or specialty chocolate bars. No need to wrap, the packaging alone is a piece of art.
5. Booze Infusers: Bring home an "infuse your booze" kit and whip up two specialty drinks on Valentine's Day night.
6. Sourdough - Recipes for rustic fermented breads, sweets, savories, and more: A beautiful cookbook is not only a thoughtful gift for a home baker but may also inspire you to cook together more.
7. Massage: There is nothing that says "I love you" quite as much as the gift of self care. Sonya Mayrand massage gift certificates are available at the shop for 60 minute ($110), 75 minute ($130), and 90 minute ($150) sessions.